Monday 19 August 2013

FFXIV: ARR Open Beta Part 1, Ul'dah


Dear Readers,

Hope you are well.

Lets jump straight to it, I started as a Female Miqo'Te Pugilist, I have used the benchmark character creator and imported it to the open beta. As a Pugilist your starting city is Ul'dah and since closed beta I have gotten used to the city alot so it feels like my home and it is one of the gorgeous cities in any game, period. The design elements of this game is what really stands out from the rest of other MMOs out there, every pillar, corridor, open space, ceiling nooks and cranny is designed in such a complex way yet sophisticated, what I meannt by that is the way different levels of structures overlaps and underlay each other so you really have a great sense of scale and scope of the city. Enjoy the short journey.

Pictures speak louder than words so I present you Ul'dah.
Behold the majestic Ul'dah, grand city in midst of desert.

Sunset just looking at the horizon

This is a teleportation crystal that enables quick travel

Those are not stairs, those are flights of steps climbing all the way to the top...damm

The market place in the west side of the city

I found where they make jewellery!

Got to love those stars!

So this is the Ul'dah region with beautiful sunsets and stars.There is weather implanted in this game as well as a full day to night cycle, personally I have seen sand storm, storm, rain, fog but Ul'dah is mostly dry and scorching hot. I do hope you enjoyed the desert tour, because next we journey through a port city built on colossal rocks and lush forests, as well as instances, quick look at parties, dungeons and crafting/ producing. 

Regards,

Heras Death

No comments:

Post a Comment